The current population of Mongolia is 3,145,727 ,January 15, 2019, based on the latest United Nations estimates. 90 percent of the population are Mongolians, 8 percent are Turkish natives and there are few mongolized Khamnigan people of tungus origin. Halh people comprise about 80 percent of multinational population of Mongolia, and the remaining 20 percent are constituted of Kazah, Tuva, Oold, Bayad, Dorvod, Zahchin, Torguud, Urianhai, Myangad, Darhad, Buriad, Barga, Dariganga, Uzemchin, Hoton, Hamnigan, Tsaatan and other ethnic minorities. Growth of Mongolian populaion is indispensable from historical times of ups and downs of the country. .
The population of Mongolia was merely a half million in 1918 and it was three times as few as it was in the thirteenth century.
The current population of Mongolia is 3,145,727, January 15, 2019, based on the latest United Nations estimates.
Mongolia population is equivalent to 0.04% of the total world population.
Mongolia ranks number 137 in the list of countries (and dependencies) by population.
The population density in Mongolia is 2 per Km2 (5 people per mi2).
The total land area is 1,553,560 Km2 (599,833 sq. miles)
72.9 % of the population is urban (2,307,710 people in 2019)
The median age in Mongolia is 27.4 years.