Top 10 Things to Do in Gorkhi Terelj National Park
GORKHI-TERELJ National Park is considered one of the most beautiful worth visiting places for travelers who wanted to rest in surroundings near UB. If you like adventure activities such as hiking, rafting, horse or camel riding and visiting nomad family and stay overnight in traditional Ger dwelling within short period, this is the real place to fulfill your wishes.
Here is the 10 must see attractions and activities in TERELJ NP, that we suggest.
1. Terelj National Park Natural landscape – is colorful and with magnificent alpine scenery. The National Park area is very impressive, with massive rock formations set among scenic valleys and hills with a winding river and groves of trees. Travelers can take leisurely strolls on meadows carpeted with variety of wild flowers, view fascinating rock formations against a backdrop of pine-covered mountains and wander along the wooded banks of a mountain stream.
2. Turtle Rock – The symbol of Terelj National Park is 24 meter high, giant rock formation like a lying turtle. You will take a photo of rock and relaxing for a while in the shade of this giant turtle before to start for hiking towards Ariyabal meditation temple.
3. Ariyabal Meditation Temple – was built in 1998-2004, because of its “Natural Energy”. It is located on a steep hill. The shape of the temple is an elephants head and the set of 108 stairs leading up to the temple symbolizes the elephant’s elongated trunk. Due to reach there you will cross the “Bridge of Heaven” and 108 stone stairs will lead you to the main temple and see 108 small stupas and 108 prayer wheels were placed around the temple.
4. Hiking. Hiking is the best experience in the NP. Sometimes it seems like rock climbing instead of hiking. You will hike through the green meadows, strange shaped in the Rocky Mountains and side along the rivers of Terelj and Tuul.
5. Edelweiss – is a well-known mountain flower and there are a variety of wildflowers in Terelj and looks very impressive and colorful in the summer time. Especially, you will enjoy for finding Edelweiss at high, rocky places. The plant prefers rocky limestone places at about 1,800–3,000 meters altitude. It is considered the symbol of immortal forever love, according to the fairy tale.
6. Horse and Camel riding – through the vast green steppes is one of the adventurous activities for who came in nomadic Mongolia. Mongolians are said that “Nations born on horseback”.
7. Visiting nomad family – is the chance for exploring their real routine life and feel the hospitality. Visitors are welcomed into the Mongolian ger and offered “Suutei tsai” /milk tea/ or “Airag” /mare’s milk/. You are able to know the herdsman how to care their livestock and the hostess does the daily indoor activities besides taking care of the children.
8. Camping at Mongol Ger. The best comfortable option to sleep in Mongol ger is staying at tourist ger camp near UB. The traditional gers have brightly colored furniture, beds and wood burning stove in the center. The washing block and toilet are separated from the gers. But it has opportunity to stay in luxury ger with private toilet and shower. The gers are really enjoyable and authentic form of accommodation, warm in the winter, and cool in summer. The best way to book is through local travel company, who would have most up-to-date information.
9. Archery – one of the traditional “Three Manly Games” of Naadam festival, as well as wrestling, horse racing and archery. You can experience archery at some tourist camps in Terelj NP.
10. ATV – is a right way to spend your free time and hobby of youths and friends or people who loves adventure. Whether you ride it for fun and sport. You may rent ATV in some tourist camps in Terelj NP.
AYAN TRAVEL team is arranging a Day and Overnight tours, involving all those attractions and activities in beautiful TERELJ NP.
Please contact us to our e-mail: email@example.com and call to 976-7010 9696 and 976-11-324 905.